Unpresented cheques

When we send out cheques, we post them to a suspense account pending presentation. When they are presented through the bank account we cross tag them to the suspense account.

But…

We have a couple of cheques which have not been presented. I would rather not just delete the payment as it was listed more than 12 months ago. I’d rather “write it back” so that there is still a record of it. I then want to write-off the original invoice.

Is there a correct way of doing this via quickfile?

Did you mark the invoice as paid by posting directly to the cheque suspense account? Is this account defined as a bank account? If so you could credit note the invoice and again specify the cheque suspense account as the receiving account.

Now why didn’t I think of that.

There are a lack of comment fields in the system to ensure the reasons are noted, but I’ve added these to the entry in the suspense account so that it can be traced. But it worked perfectly.

Thanks

1 Like

If you scroll down to the bottom of the invoice preview screen, you should be able to drop some notes into there, I think you can do the same on the credit note side too.

Glad you sorted this, let us know if you need any further help.