UPDATES: Missing Document Scans

@Helpquick we are implementing the additional feature to DropBox for retention of backups in a few days, I will post relevant updates to your feature suggestion post. Regarding historic receipts, I would say as long as you are able to evidence these in the unlikely event they are required you should be fine.

The files you can easily get back into the Receipt Hub untagged we can easily match up to where they were before based on the filename and size. So you can bulk forward to receipts@quickfile.co.uk or undelete the files in the Dropbox folder (works for the last 30 days). Otherwise I would not expend a huge amount of time manually picking out documents for re-upload.

@Helpquick The Dropbox integration now retains all imported files. See here for more details.

I have managed to auto re-tag some of my receipts however around 67 remain untagged and cannot find original purchases? do I need to re-tag these manually? my acc no is 6131415329

Many thanks

Will look into this for you @Rob, should be back to you in 1-2 hrs.

Glenn

I have at least one client where QF has lost all the receipts not just those in the past 30 days. My bookkeeper has spend 10 hours at my cost so far retrieving data.

QF need to help us with this, your note regarding the loss of data due to an error is causing great cost and embarrassment with my clients.

A number of months ago I signed up to Affinity and committed to QF as being my preferred cloud provider of accounting software. I find it amazing the only communication QF made on this major breakdown was by way of note when viewing documents.

We now have to complete a review of all our clients accounts who’s going to pay for this?

Can somebody call me as a matter of urgency Monday 31st March.

@NiallO_Driscoll I apologise for what happened on Friday 21st. We have done a great deal over the last week and a half to ensure this can never happen again. We’ve also implemented a tool for auto-matching receipts, so as long as you can get them back into the Receipt Hub we can do the rest.

To provide a greater degree of transparency we have now implemented a full schedule of the backups that we capture and retain. This is publicly visible to all users from the link below.

http://www.quickfile.co.uk/resources/backups.aspx

I shall call you on Monday to discuss further.

We have tried to retag out items but when we look in the document manager for the date range specified it is telling us there are no documents to view.
How can this be?
I am really upset that we have lost all our scanned documents, luckily we kept the originals but if we cannot retag those already scanned I do not relish the thought of having to re-scan all of the receipts for this accounting period again.

@essjaybee69 I see you have more than one account, I’ll PM you for further details.

Is there a way to list all missing files- some sort of global tagging? I seem to have lost every receipt, rather than just 30 days’ worth, so this will take me a long time to put right and I want to make sure I do it correctly. Unfortunately the Dropbox-delete function means I think some receipts may have been lost altogether.

@simon_powell I can provide you with a list of all missing files for your account. The Dropbox undelete will go back 30 days, you can also provide us with a zip file of all the originals and we’ll do the rest for you.

I will send you a PM to get more info on your account.

Hi Guys, i’m afraid i’ve been a believer and as the documentation for quickfile stated i have thrown away my paper reciepts after uploading them via the upload tool in quickfile itself, i have never emailed them in or dropboxed them, this is my first time running a company and i’m now crapping myself with regards to getting my books done - what options are open to me and what can i do if asked to produce the reciepts?

Regards,
Simon

@AESElectrical it is not essential that you restore your receipts to Quick File, although we will certainly do what we can to assist. I’ll drop you a PM to obtain some more information on your account.

Glenn, thanks for the pm, i guess i can rest easier now :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

all of my files have disappeared

@Neil_Jewett I cannot find any account in your name that ever had any document attachments. I will send you a PM for further information.

Hi,
I am missing nearly a years worth of receipts, I originally loaded them all manually and still have all the files. I see the file name of the original upload is still loaded against the purchase record but I cannot see where to bulk upload the files to in the receipt hub.

@JohnH I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. If you can put all your documents into a single zip file and upload to the document management area we will do the rest for you.

Here are some instructions for zipping up the documents along with where to upload the zip folder in Quick File.

Let me know if you need assistance.

Hi,

Zip file is uploaded, 44mb size.

Cheers

John

Hi Glenn,
Have you been able to create that re-sync button you mentioned? I can’t see it in the app. Or does it re-sync everything automatically? Thanks.

Regrettably we have not been able to find a suitable iOS developer to make this addition. In order to implement this change (which we originally assumed would be trivial) the app needs to be rebuilt for iOS7, all the quotations we have received so far have been cost prohibitive.

Another user has posted a solution to get the scans off the phone, this apparently can be done using iExplore. If you are able to get the images in zip format and upload them to your document manager we should be able to reallocate them to their original location.