VAT payments via Quickfile

Hi ,
I am due to pay my VAT and want to do it via Quickfile this time, Last time i done it direct to HMRC and still having problems showing it on here.
Does anyone know how long it takes for the payment to get to HMRC when paying it via Quickfile

Thanks in advance,

Mandy

QuickFile will allow you to file your actual VAT return electronically to HMRC. However we don’t get involved with any of the payment arrangements in terms of settling any liability.

If you log into your HMRC online VAT account you should be able to setup a Direct Debit for VAT payments. This will likely be the easiest way to ensure that the payment goes through smoothly. If you file a VAT return electronically on QuickFile and there’s a balance to pay, providing you have a Direct Debit setup with HMRC the collection will be automated.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your quick reply Glenn,

I will have a look on HMRC website.

I mainly wanted to pay it via Quickfile as i thought it would be an easier way it it showing up on Balance sheet, as i am still having problems with my last VAT payment , it is still showing as a Liability ( Surely that means owing?)
I have tagged it on Bank Statement and i have also tried to journal it but neither way seems to clear it,

Any ideas please?

Mandy

I don’t see a submitted VAT return in the VAT Return section of your account. Even if you don’t file the return electronically you should still commit it to QuickFile. Otherwise when you tag the payment from the bank to the VAT liability account it has nothing to balance against.

I see you have journalled the VAT liability but it’s debiting not crediting the account. Best way is to delete the journal and commit the VAT return. It should then balance to zero.

Thank you again Glenn,

I will have a look and try that.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.