VAT Returns Report

Hi,

I was trying to get the VAT Returns Report from report tab. I noticed, that even it I select a specific quarter, it gives me total amount from very 1st invoice and purchases, instead of getting the details only for the quarter that I have requested.

Due to that I manually have to do everything.

Can you please check and let me know the solution???

Thanks

Hi @kuntal

What is the expected result of this? Have you just become VAT registered, or have you submitted previous returns before? If you’ve submitted previous returns, are they on QuickFile or were they submitted by another method (e.g. to HMRC directly)?

If this is your first VAT return, please check out this link which has some details regarding dates etc.

Let me know if you need any further help :slight_smile:

Did you read the red box here?

Hi,

We are VAT registered since 2014 and have submitted VAT through different system. I was trying to get a detailed report of all the Items during that quarter. But whenever I try to pull out a report, it gives me the list of all transaction from day 1.

If I put a specific quarter, then I should get the transactions only for that period and not from the beginning.

Thanks

Hi @kuntal

Please see the notice @Glenn has posted, and the link I posted above. This will explain how to set it up to start from a specific date. as you’ve been using a different system

Yes, I did it in the same way which is shown in the link. But when I download the calculations, It gives me the list of everything instead of specifically for that quarter.

Your VAT Start Date on the account ending 4470 is 16/09/2014. So as it stands right now it will bring forward all invoices from that date.

Move the start date in the VAT Settings to match the start date on the VAT return.

Okay, I will do that.
Thank you!