Website Outage - 19th October

@Ninas36 - It should update itself shortly, but if you’re keen I have found this link on Google which may help you update your DNS settings. I’d recommend using the Google public servers, which are:

8.8.8.8 (Primary)
8.8.4.4 (Alternative)

1 Like

Thank you I will just wait then :slight_smile: hopefully it wont be too much longer :slight_smile:

Bravo!! Well done I am now up and running and I would like to say what a quick turn around considering. Thank you. :+1:

2 Likes

No use, it’s imported the latest five sales transactions today which aren’t tagged (they normally are) and nothing else. I’m missing the rest of todays transactions and all of yesterdays since everything went down. So about 80 sales, and a few purchases are AWOL.

I’ll let it run it’s automatic update overnight and see if that helps. I do remember one time that for some strange reason I had transactions missing when I logged on in the morning, but it had righted itself after the next time it updated the following morning.

See what tomorrow brings.

Well… I’ve cleared my DNS (didn’t even need to go to the doctor !) but it’s made no difference.
I’m not convinced that the issue will be sorted by the morning and I really don’t have the time to talk with Talk Talk … have you even tried that ? It’s impossible. I’m not going to mess with my DNS settings as it’s recommended for developers ! I’m not a developer.

Is there ANYTHING you can do ? Like, can you get the main service providers to update or clear or wht ever it is they have to do ?

1 Like

Oh spoke too soon!! Was only logged in for 2 minutes and can not get back on! HELP!! What is all this DNS jargon?

I have just flushed my DNS also but still no joy, any other suggestions please?

Hmmmmm well, I can now access one of my quick file accounts, but not the one I need. I’ll wait then. Seems that’s about my only option.

@Lorraine_Williams @PPBG

We’re approaching 24 hours since our DNS was updated, so it should almost be fully propagated now. It will bob in and out while those final name servers cache the new address. If you’d rather not wait it out I’ve just prepared a step by step tutorial on changing the DNS for Windows 8/10.

Hi There.
We are having bounce back issues on emails.
Can you confirm the status of spf.quickfile.co.uk
Thanks

Hi
Ive been able to use Quickfile all day, but its now gone again. Have you been attacked again?

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Nearly 36 hours now, this is very very painful!

@tinaandbarry - everything is up and running, but it may be a delay in your internet providers DNS being updated. Please see my above post

@David_Colley - everything is up and running on our end (access has been available since this morning), it’s likely to be an issue with the DNS either on your computer or with your internet provider. Please see the posts above for more information, and for a link to an article to change the servers on your computer (for Windows 8 and 10)

Thanks. The guide is fabulous, but I would need to know any other impact of doing this. I’m reluctant. I’ll see if it’s sorted later or in the morning. By the way, I think Quick File is a great product.

This is now extremely painful, not to mention costly. We need to access our accounts urgently, as I’m sure do many other businesses! All I am reading from QF support is that it’s resolved your end, well I can assure you, it’s not resolved my end!

Hi @Sharon_Valler

Everything is accessible, but because of the way the internet works, it can take some time for users to be able to access their accounts - unfortunately, this part is out of our control and lies partially with your internet provider (your router and your own computer can have an affect on this too). There’s more details on why this is the case above, here

If you haven’t already, try accessing it from a mobile device using a 3G or 4G. This often works as it’s not using the same DNS settings as your computer or internet provider.

Alternatively, if you need urgent access, there’s a guide here for Windows 8 and Windows 10 users that should help.

Hi Sharon,
I’ve found the solution! I can’t access quickfile if I press the link I have on my bookmarks, but if I directly type in the exact web address of my account with the www. it opens up straight away. I did that this morning and have been able to use it all day. Its only later when I tried to get it by using my bookmark that it wasnt accessable again. I’m now back on by typing it in directly
good luck

Sorry
it suddenly didnt work. not a solution after all

It appears access is working fine apart from new invoices not being received by customers ( or by me via cc)
Shown as sent in dashboard - I’ve resaved my SMTP settings but still not working…