Website Outage - 19th October

Hi,

I’ve got two accounts, the lesser one came on very quickly.

I left my main one reloading this morning and it’s all up and running again, it has taken a good 20 minutes to do though.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jim

OK I have logged on this morning and my paypal feed has not updated, it is kaput.

I have tried again to do a manual import and every time it gives time out or unexpected object errors. This does make some transactions appear but not all of them, and they are all untagged, including the sales.

So I have some sales missing from today. Some sales missing from yesterday. All sales missing from the 19th. Most purchases and transfers made through paypal in this time are missing.

As well as that, it is supposed to generate a daily purchase order for paypal charges and has not done so.

Because of this, everything is miles out.

It also has a knock on effect on my current account too because not all money transfers to it from paypal are not all showing, leaving those balances miles out and not enough funds showing to pay purchases made from my current account - meaning I also have a pile of unlogged purchases which is growing.

This is now a disaster.

Please advise!

Have just tried again to log into my account, but still no luck. If changing the DNS settings is the only way in, could you please give instructions for Win 7.

@Paulwk1972 The PayPal feed will be restored today and we will complete and tag any missing entries from the 19th. Due to us receiving a new IP range, the security settings between QF and PayPal needed to be adjusted.

When you manually import it will download the entry untagged. I would recommend if you’d like the feed to handle the tagging to remove any items you’ve imported from a manual refresh and wait for the feed to do it’s thing.

Great stuff, hopefully it is all balancing tomorrow morning.

@Grapevine this should work for Windows 7:

So what can I do access it? Because I have tried through explorer, chrome and my tablet to access and it just says it takes too long to load.

Hi @nathan882

The browser wouldn’t make a difference as they’d all be trying to access the server from the same (incorrect) IP address. Similarly with the tablet, if that’s using the same wifi network, it could also be using the wrong IP address.

Are you running windows on your main computer, and if so, what version is it (e.g. XP, 7, 8, 10)?

Its a shared computer I cant go changing settings. Im not particularly happy that I have paid my annual fee and cant access the website.

Everything on our end is accessible without any issues. The problem however lies with somewhere between your computer and us, such as your internet provider.

If you’re unable to change settings, I’m afraid your only option for now is to wait for your internet provider to update their records. This does however vary from provider to provider and can be anything from a few seconds to a few days (some providers often recommended to allow up to 72 hours)

Except for my own account, i am able access all my client accounts. This is frustrating. I will just have to wait.

Edit after 40 mins of the above - I realised from other posts above that a different IP address will work. I have WIFI extender on my network. I just connected to it and hallelujah i can log in to my own account!!

Another possible workaround for people using the Chrome or Opera web browser is to install the Virtual Hosts extension. It is intended for web developers who are testing websites before they deploy them but it kind of works for this situation as well.

The extension adds a button just to the right of your address bar, when you click the button you get a little form pop up with three options:

Set the “VHost Domain” to your QuickFile domain name, set the VHost IP to any of the following five choices:

and tick the “enable” box. Now when you try and browse to yourdomain.quickfile.co.uk the browser address bar will change to show the IP address you chose instead of your normal URL, but behind the scenes the extension makes sure that the correct QuickFile login page will appear.

Because this changes the address bar there are two important caveats:

1. You will get a warning about an invalid security certificate, because the certificate says *.quickfile.co.uk but the browser is trying to go to 104.16… You must accept the certificate manually, and you won’t get the usual padlock in your address bar saying the connection is secure - in reality it is just as secure as usual, but the browser doesn’t know this.

2. It won’t use any saved credentials, and if you’re using two-factor authentication then you will have to enter a new six digit code even if you’ve previously ticked the “don’t ask again on this computer” option.

As such, this should be regarded as a short term temporary workaround, stop using it as soon as your ISP’s DNS servers catch up.

1 Like

I have tried everything mentioned above to get back in to my accounts except chaging settings which I am not too confident about doing - not everyone has the technical know how required - this is the 3rd day without access!

This is the 3rd day I haven’t been able to acess Quickfile. I too am not confident about changing settings Firstly it was 48 hrs then 78… I have a Vat return to do…

@Anne_Ventilla - I’ve sent you a private message about an hour ago. You should see a green notification in the top right hand corner. If not, please click your avatar and then click the little envelope.

@Justina1 - QuickFile is accessible, but as per all the posts above, the issue lies between your computer and QuickFile itself, potentially with your internet provider. There are also instructions above from myself and a few users on how you could resolve this.

@RickyCafe - The issue lies, unfortunately, with your internet provider. I’ll send you a private message now - please look for the green notification in the top right hand corner by your avatar. If you don’t see a notification, click your avatar and then the little envelope icon, and you should see the message there

Hi,

im lucky enough to be up and running now, however for the period that i did not have access none on my paypal transactions have imported, is there a way of doing this, have managed to import todays transactions but cant seem to retrieve those from the past couple of days.

any help would be apprecated

a

@00SCD00 - please see the above post regarding the PayPal feed.

Thank you. Also cleared cookies and browsing history in case the system was trying to access cached links and everything seems to be working okay now.

1 Like

I still can not login! On any web browser! and just a few days to do VAT… start
getting angry!