Website Outage - 19th October

hi
our cctv requires a static IP i use chrome for windows 10 i was locked out for two days and had full function all day today but it has just gone again. what can i do to sort this?

my client can not view the invoice from the system.

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

@Neil_Lacey - A static or dynamic IP address wouldn’t make a difference for accessing QuickFile, it comes down to the DNS servers and settings (please see the posts above). There are also workarounds posted above, including a chrome plug in and changing your DNS servers. If you’re not comfortable changing the settings, it may be better to ask a local IT support company, or wait until your internet provider updates the IP address they have on record for us.

@vikstar - The posts above may also apply here. If the client has tried accessing the invoice or another part of your account previous to the IP address change, then they would still be directed to our old setup rather than the new one. The same advice would apply, either force the DNS servers to change, or wait. However, I have also found this post elsewhere on Google that may help. Ensuring that they type ‘https://’ in front of your web address (e.g. https://your-company.quickfile.co.uk) may also help. Clicking links in any emails sent to them would already have this in place.

1 Like

Hi I have tried the chrome addon as well but it has not worked for me? Thanks.

I just wanted to apologise for any ongoing issues. We’ve been working non-stop since 10 am on Wednesday to restore the service and get everyone back into their accounts. We have quite a complex network, so moving to a completely new IP space is a major challenge.

Most of the remaining issues are down to DNS propagation which regrettably we can do little about, aside from the usual DNS settings update. We are aware of some intermittent issues with specific features such as the receipts inbox, PayPal feed and API, we are working on these areas today to restore functionality.

Rest assured we will keep working on any remaining items over the weekend to ensure minimal ongoing disruption.

1 Like

the invoice was sent to the client this morning, and they can’t view it.

@vikstar please ask your client to retry. We did have a temporary glitch there that has since been resolved.

I’m still not able to log in - this is urgent - it stopped for me at about 4pm yesterday and I need to get a quote out now

Please respond and contact me asap

Hi @ewen

Please see the post above from my colleauge. If you’re eager to log into your account before the DNS updates for you, we have also posted a guide to changing your DNS servers, which is accessible from the main forum.

@00SCD00 @Laszlo_Todoran @Paulwk1972 - The PayPal feed should now have updated with any missing transactions.

Please let us know if you’re still experiencing any issues.

1 Like

Yep,

I just checked, and it was all up to date up to the point where it would have done it’s overnight import.

Just did a manual import for the rest of today’s transactions and everything tallies up.

Thank you very much for sorting this, I can relax now.

1 Like

Hi there - Dropbox integration does not work for me - tried re-authorizing - any new on this? Thank you

I have Virgin as ISP, i am now able to log in. phew!

I believe the pay pal issues lie with the world wide outage:

With major websites such as yourselves being bombarded by hackers

Hi

The Paypal link to quick file isn’t working.

Jago

Hi @Jago

I’ve moved your post here for you to see the other posts above.

There were temporary issues which we have since resolved, however as @Steven_Clements kindly posted, there is an issue itself with PayPal amongst other sites.

We’ll continue to monitor these issues and work to resolve them if the issue lies with QuickFIle.

@RickyCafe - Sorry to hear this Mike. Many users are back in, it just seems your internet providers are a little behind! With a bit of luck this will catch up for you shortly. I did send you a link in a private message to a chrome and opera plug in that may help. If you do give it a go, let us know how you get on

@RickyCafe

Is this the page you’re seeing?

This is the generic login page to help locate your account. I’ll come back to you in the private message now and see if we can resolve this for you :slight_smile:

All of my clients recovered access to their accounts apart from one. I have checked even on my computer and doesnt work unfortunately. Could you guys help me by PM ? Thanks

Glenn,

Well done to you and the team for navigating through what must have been a very stressful time.

The ‘RickyCafe’ account I used during the outage was only used as the only way that I could get on to the forum was by using a Facebook login, rather than my regular account which is what I have used for this reply. Please could you delete the ‘RickyCafe’ account from the forum. It does not matter if you cannot but it would be tidier.

During the outage, I was not able to reset the password on the community forum. I think that there must have been a problem with the reset emails which were either not being sent or being delayed because I did not eventually receive the reset emails a until yesterday. Hopefully I will not need to reset any password some future as I use been very secure password manager system.

With best regards to you and your team, Mike

@Mike thank you for your words of support.

Unfortunately the attack knocked out our mail server which would have delayed the password reset emails originating from the forum. I will contact you in regards to removing the second account you created during the outage.