Website Outage - 19th October

Thank you once again everyone for your patience and support!

Some users will now see access restored to their account, however you may experience slow speeds and some loss of functionality while things are restored (e.g. you won’t be able to send emails from your account at the moment).

I can now log in but neither I or customers can access invoices as it’s saying to many redirects on page?

I still can’t log into my account

How far are you with sorting out this problem. We need to access quick file today, our business depends on it.

I can’t log in either since yesterday morning HELP !

Seems to be working OK at the moment - keeping my fingers crossed again …

@Midco @Liteboho_Bhebe - As per my post above, access is being restored for some users. This can depend on a few factors, including your own internet connection and provider. There’s more details in another post here.

@Nigel_Hodges - Some functionality will be slow or not available while everything is coming back online. It may be worth just leaving this for a short while.

@Bugfinder - Glad you’ve managed to get in all OK. Thanks for your patience! We hope to have everything restored ASAP.

1 Like

Guys

you are doing a sterling job at getting us all back up and running. I like the others depend on this great program lucky i am in no rush today for it to be working but tomorrow how ever is payroll and weekly reports.

Just so you are aware i am yet to see return of the service.

Still nothing at all here :o( obviously not quite as simple as changing DNS over to CloudFlare then?

1 Like

With due respect, QuickFile staff are doing their best to help but due to the design of Internet protocols there are many factors beyond their control that affect how quickly you get to see the updates. Changing DNS server providers is not something you expect to have to do at short notice with no transition period, it takes 24h or more for the rest of the Internet to notice the changes.

4 Likes

I’m a huge fan of Quickfile and I also understand, technically, what’s involved here… Thanks for acting so quickly guys.

Will this be resolved today?

2 Likes

Hi @cr123

Please see my above post:

Hi do you think it will be up and running for everyone at some point today or could it take longer. I would imagine if some accounts have access we should all have access by the end of the day ? please let us know thanks

Hi @Reece_Borg

It depends on several factors, including your own internet connection and provider. As @ian_roberts mentions above, it can take 24 hours or more in some cases for the rest of the internet to detect the change and update.

Thanks appreciate it.

Hi you guys are doing a great job!!! Just wanted to check - we seem to be up and running again, am i safe to use or best to leave until you confirm all is well ??

Many thanks

Hi @Storage

Glad to hear you’re back in! :slight_smile:

You should be safe to use it as normal. However, some functionality (such as the mail server) remains unavailable at the moment. You’re welcome to use it, I would just use with caution for the time being. However, if it says something saved, then it would have saved.

2 Likes

Perfect - thank you !!!

It’s brilliant to be back in even if things are running slowly and emails aren’t working. I didn’t realise how much my working life revolved around Quickfile until yesterday. Thanks for all your efforts.

2 Likes

I was able to access for about 5 minutes, but now I can’t… Keep up the good work. It must be difficult…
TrishG Music

1 Like