Website Outage - 19th October

The system has been back online for me since last night and was working well until now - the system again is unavailable - site cannot be reached??? HELP

@blacktelematicsbox - this is likely to be a DNS issue. The DNS tells your computer where our website lives, and is normally stored to prevent it looking it up multiple times.

There are a few guides in this thread to clearing your cache (or flushing it) which may help.

Its working on my computer on internet explorer but not google chrome - I have cleared the cache and cookies on my system ?

Im still not on, I have flushed my dns and nothing it loaded for a while this morning then nothing is there any sign of it coming on soon. I have got a stack of invoices to do

All access has been restored on our side. This is likely to be a DNS issue with your internet provider (please see my posts above). It can take some time for them to refresh. However, we anticipate this should be no later than 4pm today, although this does vary between internet providers.

I have flushed the DNS I have cleared the cache and I have tried a different browser and still nothing.

1 Like

'Ive done the same and still nothing… just have to wait abit longer:cry:

I’ve flushed the DNS. It was working for a little while and then stops working.

The error on the page is ‘took too long to respond.’

I’ve checked and I think this is a Cloudflare issue.

When I check the nameservers for our subdomain of quickfile it showed:

Nameserver sandy.ns.cloudflare.com. reports: No such host

Can you confirm that all NS servers at Cloudflare are reporting the correct DNS?

Both my account are back online, thanks.

Looks like the sub domains ie different accounts everyone has created, were not transition at the same time, hence why some people can get on and others can’t.

What I noticed that is you open a command prompt and type the line below, with your own company name, you will not gain access until the IP addresses returned are the ones list below.

nslookup youcompany.quickfile.co.uk

1 Like

Yes, everything on our end had been updated to reflect the change.

A good trick to to try a neutral DNS server such as Google’s (you can test the outcome here and try it on your own computer as per @Stephen_Cummings’s post above.

The results should be the same (as Stephen has posted above).

We’ve tested with Google DNS.
Sometimes an nslookup shows those IP’s and it works… One minute later it shows Address: 5.2.17.179

This is the old IP. It’s likely your internet provider is still storing this somewhere which would give you intermittent access. If you have the technical know-how, you could try changing your DNS servers on your router or computer. A quick search on Google should point you in the right direction with this.

I have the technical know how. Like I said I’ve changed it to Google DNS and it’s doing the same.
I’ve tried from multiple devices and locations with different DNS.
Hopefully the propagation will be fully resolved soon and it will no longer have an impact on our business.

Can you confirm what actions you have/are taking please?

Hi
I had it back on although running a little slower than usual, then I went to import the bank feed and it crashed again and now wont let me back on HELP!!!

No luck with 02, 3 or BT on Google via Safari or Chrome…

We’ve troubleshooted the basics.
Flushed DNS.
Changed DNS servers.

It’s working at the moment… When I do a DNS lookup is shows the correct IP’s.

Searching for quickfile.co.uk. A record at M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [202.12.27.33] …took 24 ms
Searching for quickfile.co.uk. A record at nsc.nic.uk. [156.154.102.3] …took 2 ms
Searching for sandy.ns.cloudflare.com. A record at M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [202.12.27.33] …took 17 ms
Searching for sandy.ns.cloudflare.com. A record at b.gtld-servers.net. [192.33.14.30] …took 22 ms
Searching for sandy.ns.cloudflare.com. A record at ns7.cloudflare.com. [162.159.4.8] …took 2 ms
Searching for quickfile.co.uk. A record at sandy.ns.cloudflare.com. [173.245.58.219] …took 3 ms

A record found: 104.16.151.207
A record found: 104.16.152.207
A record found: 104.16.149.207
A record found: 104.16.150.207
A record found: 104.16.148.207

When I tested earlier it was showing up on ns4.cloudflare.com and the record found was the old IP.

Hence why I asked if all of the Cloudflare servers were up to date.

Hi,
Its down again today…did 5 mibs work then stopped again.
Any ideas when it might be fixed?

Hi i notice that some people are getting on and some not is it being staggered

Hi I am still unable to access my account, unable to send invoices to clients. Should I be able to get on by now or is it still in the repairing stage. Many thanks