Accidentally applied Prepayments to client Account

Hello,

I have a client that settles there weekly invoice with cash.

I have accidentally added 4 of these transactions into both my bank account and through the cash account.

This has resulted in a £2284 Prepayment balance showing on the client account. This has been part of a previous VAT return so I have overpaid VAT by £380.80.

I cannot delete these duplicate payments as they are locked.

Any ideas of how I can sort this out?!

Thanks

Hi @nvc

You can refund the payment which would then show up on your next VAT return too.

If you go to the client’s record (Sales >> View all clients >> Select the client), then select ‘View’ and click ‘All Payments’:

Find the payment and click ‘View Details’. This will then show a ‘refund balance’ button at the top:

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your help -

I have just processed the refunds for the 4 duplicated records.

However I have just checked and the VAT has not been applied in my next VAT return?

I’ve just taken a quick look at this for you. I can see that the payments have shown in the backing report (click ‘Download Calculations’ on the VAT return). They’re shown as the last few rows. However, no VAT was recorded against them.

Ok Thankyou - so that means there is no VAT due back?

Thanks for looking in to it

Just looking at the original 4 payments and there doesn’t appear to be any VAT on there originally, so in that case there would be nothing to reclaim.

Great thanks for your help! Its a good job your here!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.