Accrual for dummies?

Hi, Firstly thanks for this fantastic accounting cloud.

I wonder if you can help me. At the end of the last tax year(12/13) I had a company commission me to develop a project for them. It was a large payment and it came in right at the end of the tax year. So at the start of this tax year I was buying all the equipment I needed to complete the project.

Now, do I accrue the expenses back to 12/13 or do I accrue the payment into 13/14?

Also. How does the Accrual system work in Quickfile?

Please help me! :slight_smile:

That all relates to 13/14 both income and expenses , in 12/13 you got payment n account (advance)

1 Like

Ah Right that makes sense. Thank you very much for your reply! Does Quickfile have a facility to Allow me to mark the payment as an advance? So I can make it relate to the current tax year not the last one? Thanks again!

Yes you can allocate money received on account to customer, go to your relevant bank entry, click on tag me, then pick payment from customer, then
Pay down multiple invoices or assign to a client account, pick client name and then see this message " No unpaid invoices found for this client. You can save as a credit to the client account below." click save