Add extra box on invoice template for customers name address details

Hi There
is there a way to add another box so I can put my customers details in because I have been putting every customers details in as a new client but when I need to tally up the banking its a nightmare because I have more than one transaction going through each day but when barclaycard pay the money they pay everything for that day not individual payments so I need to make the client name retail sales so all the transactions will show up but I also need the customers details on the invoice. I can put them in the description box but it doesn’t look great on the invoice
hope this makes sense and I would appreciate any help

regards
Rob

When you make a card sale you “receive payment” on the day you charge the customer’s card, not a few days later when Barclays send the money to you. As such you need an intermediary “merchant” bank account in QuickFile to hold the value of card payments you have taken but not yet been paid out by Barclays.

So you can (and should) record each card sale as an invoice to that particular customer, each paid individually into the merchant account on the day of the sale. A few days later when you receive a lump sum from Barclays that would be tagged as a bank transfer in QuickFile from the merchant account to the current account, and you can reconcile it by looking at the merchant account statement view and checking that the total of incoming payments on day X equals the outgoing lump payment on day X+2 (the easy way to do this is by ticking all the relevant boxes in the left column and checking the “total” pop up is zero).

If you aren’t supplying on credit there is no real need for full customer details to be held in your accounting software. For pre-paid orders we find it sufficient to record the customer name against the item description (Eg client invoiced “Cash Sales”; item: “Subscription”; description: “John Smith”) with address details retained in our shipping records.

As stated above the invoice should be flagged as paid from the merchant account and the entry on the bank statement tagged as a transfer.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.