Add free text box to statement footer

Hi, I’m trying to use the advanced customisation tools and css to add text that gives details of payment details. I guess this should be easy but css is new to me and I can’t see the template to change things around.

Hi @clarkshaws

Do you mean a column next to each payment? It isn’t possible at the moment. Generally, you can only move things and change the way they look using CSS. As the column for payment method isn’t there, it’s not possible to add it.

However, if you wish I can change this thread to a feature request. We do actively monitor the forums for suggestions, and if there’s enough interest than we’ll happily take a look into it further.

Hi,

I was looking to have a free text box at the end of a client statement which I can populate with my bank account details so they can pay me! From a commercial view point we have to make it easy for people to know how much they owe me and then pay that amount. My concept is similar to that implemented in the invoice designer where there’s a box for default payment terms

It is possible to insert extra content before or after an existing element using a CSS3 selector but that would only affect the HTML view in the client area, not generated PDFs as the PDF library doesn’t speak CSS version 3.

Hi @clarkshaws

@ian_Roberts is correct about the CSS3 and the PDF generator.

I’ve converted your thread to a feature request and revised the title. If there’s enough interest from the community, we’ll happily take a closer look :slight_smile:

@clarkshaws @richiekk

I’ve updated this feature to “Planned”. We will start work on this within the next 3-5 days.

Of course we will update you in due course!

@clarkshaws @ian_roberts - Just a quick update to let you know that this has been added and is now live.

You can access the notes by going to Account Settings >> Design Customisation >> Client Statement Customisation

That is looking good now. Thanks.

Unfortunately I’ve spotted another problem on the statement (should have spotted it a long time ago).

Near the top right of the statement below the summary box, there is a “Questions? Please contact us…” section.

The email that appears is wrong. It doesn’t use the one set up in the trading styles section.

Can I make this change myself (I can’t find how to)? If not can you please change this to harmonise with trading styles asap

It’s quite bad for us if we are displaying the wrong email address

Hi @richiekk

That certainly shouldn’t be the case. I’ve asked our development team to take a look at the earliest opportunity and will come back to you once I’ve heard back.

The text unfortunately is fixed so you wouldn’t be able to change it yourself.

[Edit]
As a temporary workaround, you could add some custom CSS to hide the contact box. Go to Account Settings >> Design Customisation >> Advanced HTML/CSS Editor, and select *Client Statement CSS:

And then add either:

.statement-contact-tbl {
    display: none;
}

to completely hide the “questions” part, or

.statement-contact-tr2 {
    display: none;
}

to hide just the contact details (leaving the “Questions? Please contact us.” in place)

Thanks for the feedback. We have put in place your temporary fix

@richiekk - No problem! I’ve had an update from our developers saying this has actually been fixed and released this morning. Of course, you’re welcome to continue using the above fix if you prefer, but either way, it should now work as expected. Please let me know if you experience anything different.

Ha! We thought we had performed magic when the customised emails started to appear!

We have reversed the fix.

Many thanks!

1 Like