Add nominal code column in bank transactions CSV export

Hello Glen,

Please can you direct me to where I can find a report that can extract a detailed transaction listings that gives a breakdown of transactions by month
Thanks
Andrew

What sort of transactions are you looking for? Bank transactions?

Thanks Glen, I am looking for both bank transactions and journals I posted over a period of time

Thanks

With bank transactions you can pop open the advanced search on the statement page and this will allow you to filter by date range:

For journals we don’t have a date filtering tool but you can go into the horizontal menu under Reports >> Journals. This will give you a list of all journals posted.

Thank you so much Glen for all your kind assistance,
How do I get it linked with the account codes, so that I can see the bank transactions as well as the account codes for the transactions? Would I need to build a custom report to get that? If this is possible, please can you give me some few pointers?

Thanks
Andrew

Sorry I’m not entirely sure what you’re looking for here?

Hello Glen,

I am so sorry I wasn’t very clear with my question, when I export the bank transactions with the selected dates as a csv, I only get 5 columns for date, reference, notes, money in and money out. I also wanted to get the nominal ledger code attached to the transaction, so my question was is there an easy way that the report could be adjusted or created so that a 6th column is created and included for the nominal ledger of each transaction?

The objective of this is to be able to download the transaction that includes all the 5 columns columns for date, reference, notes, money in and money out plus an extra column for nominal ledger codes.

I hope this clarifies and thanks for all your kind assistance

Andrew

Unfortunately it’s not quite so simple to show this in a CSV report. If you’re VAT registered for example any bank transactions will most likely be linked to 2 or more nominal codes, even if you aren’t VAT registered any transaction linked to an invoice with multiple lines would have the same problem. I’m wondering what the use case is for such a report? I think you may be better off exploring the chart of accounts and ledgers.