Allocate a prepayment to different account

i have a client account with a prepayment negative opening balance as at july 18 (which i have now locked at the start of my financial year.

is there a way to take and amount say, £15 pounds from that account and allocate it to another account?

thanks
scott

Hi @magnacom

There isn’t a direct way of doing this, but you could refund the payment to a dummy bank account and reallocate it to another client.

say a have an unallocated payment, which i can see in payments

£210.00

and i want to move just £20

when i refund do i move the whole £210, then split it them put it back less what i want to allocate to the other account?

how do i select a temporary bank account?

or is there a different way you mean?

thanks
scott

If you click through to the payment in question you should see a “refund balance” option at the top, which lets you refund any amount up to the total unallocated amount on the payment. Given you’re going to immediately put the money back onto another client you don’t really need to create a separate bank account (unless this is something you’re likely to do on a regular basis), you could just refund to your drawings or director loan account, then create a payment for the other client on the same date from the same account.

1 Like

@ian_roberts thanks, i now managed to get that sorted, i used petty cash as the go between account as i dont use it.

cheers

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.