HOME / COMMUNITY Switch to knowledge base

Allocate refund to credit note

I had a payment that was imported 3 times every morning, as I had deleted it.
My bank feeds are from Metro.

1 Like

Is this through an automatic refresh or a manual refresh? When was it imported (what days), and when did the transaction take place?

You have not mentioned if this can be done or atleast included in the pipeline?

Or was this the reply to it?
Thank you

Automatic refresh every morning

I will send you a private message for further information regarding this as this shouldn’t be the case.

There is nothing in the pipeline at the moment for changes to this area (that I’m aware of).

to be honest this is a standard feature that should be there… rather then additional feature.
The invoice area has all this options but credit note area does not…
I hope some of these changes can be made , even if later.
Thanks

I have now deleted the credit note that I created and let the system generate the credit note when tagging the refund.
However, I note that I am not able to adjust/edit any writing on the system created credit note. Its a partial refund and accordingly I need to add some notes/comments to the credit note (which I was able to include in the credit note that I had created initially from the invoice).

This issue is indeed strange/odd, ie. how the refund bit works - QF really needs to make it better.
As an accountant I understand the debits and credits, so even indirectly I can handle it. It would be quite complex for non-accountant.

Mine does this as well. I now leave tagging transaction until a few days old bevause of this

It seems this discussion ended in the benk feed issue.

I am still wondering if QF will be able to add ‘allocate to credit note’ option on the client refund tagging screen?

It makes sense to have this option on this screen. I really hope QF will give this a consideration…
Thank you

Hi @Sameera

Like all feature requests, we’re happy to investigate the feasibility of them if there’s enough interest from the community. Your thread is in the right category, so all I can suggest for the moment is to watch this space.

Thank you.

thanks for some hope on this…

This would be a nice addition for me too, seems it should be relatively straightforward to add an option where if the selected client/supplier has any prepayments (which in the QuickFile data model includes credit notes held on account) then you can tag a transaction as a “refund balance”. Though I guess it’s trickier if the amount you want to tag us more than any single credit/prepayment as then you’d have to link one transaction to more than one payment record.

1 Like

Thanks for your support Ian :slight_smile:

in simple terms, i think It would mirror the options that we get when we tag client invoices.

Wow, this would help us! We take deposits for materials lent out and make an invoice for clients to pay, which is allocated to a liability, then credit note them. We have to go through the rigmarole of deleting the original transaction, but it would be great to just tag the outgoing transaction to an existing credit note from the bank account.

1 Like

Thanks for supporting this.

I’m also stuck with a credit note (partial, for a promotional cashback) that I created from the original invoice - which is nicely linked to the original invoice and has appropriate notes added. And then, I have the cashback payment on my banking feed. And I can’t connect these two - which is odd, as it should be the same functionality of a) linking an issued invoice to a received payment, or b) linking a received invoice to an outgoing payment, or whatever other combination. It seems the idea was to “simplify” the process by bundling the tagging of a refund with a creation of a new credit note. A case where a feature is actually a bug. Fixing this doesn’t require any new logic.

Yeah, you will have to delete the entry that came from your bank feed, then find the unallocated payment via “purchases -> view payments” and “refund balance”. This will create a new pre-tagged bank entry for the same amount so your balance will remain correct.

1 Like

Thanks Ian, that worked! But it’s a really convoluted way to do it, I’m glad I don’t receive too many credit notes.

I think that’s another vote for this feature but due to the terrible way in which feature requests are tracked this looks to be a feature no-one wants but it does get mentioned in one way or another reasonably often.