HOME / COMMUNITY Switch to knowledge base

Allocating direct debits

how do I allocate a direct debit that is recurring, and higher than invoice

0 Likes

There’s several ways of doing it, but first of all why is the direct debit higher than the invoice amount?

0 Likes

its an energy supplier and we pay the same amount each month, but have different amounts each month for the bill

0 Likes

In that case I’d tag them as full or partial prepayments - payment to a supplier, pay down multiple…, assign as much as you can to existing purchases and leave the rest unallocated. Whenever you create a new purchase from a bill you log payment and “apply from credit” to use up any remaining prepayment.

0 Likes

This is where I find Quickfile to be a bit of a nightmare (also related to a feature request for more flexible handling of credit notes on supplier accounts I guess). I have somewhat ignored part of the process here as keeping track of supplier accounts like this can be a pain so I just tag from the bank and create an invoice as I go, but don’t bother uploading the invoices from the energy supplier. I have them all via email anyway if anyone ever wants to see them, no sense making things more difficult than they need to be for now.

0 Likes