Allocating refunds against original invoices

I generally tag transactions for our PayPal account every 1 to 2 months but I’m running into situations for PayPal fee reversals which I try to allocate to the same day or prior to the actual transaction date. The issue I have is that the list of purchases to allocate it to are all in the future which doesn’t seem right as this is a refund against an invoice?

I’ve referred this to an engineer, we’ll let you know as soon as we’ve had a chance to fully assess.

Can you please try now and let me know if that list is a bit shorter? We’ve just pushed out some updates here.

Still no joy, I have one untagged payment in our PayPal account which I need to associate as a refund to an Invoice on the 28/02/2014 but it only goes back as far as the 02/03/.2014

The problem we addressed here is the refund drop-down showing purchase invoices that proceed the bank transaction. It will still only show only a certain number of historic items though.

The way to do this is to actually locate the purchase invoice and issue a refund (select credit note option) against it for 82p. Set the date as 09/01/2014 and the bank to PayPal. That will give you a duplicate (tagged) transaction on the bank, all you need to do then is delete the untagged item.

In the mean time I’ve referred this to a developer to see if we can increase the limit on the drop-down, which could probably be doubled.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.