Allocations

I have a Acorn bank account. I have a card for the account that you have to load separately, the funds are deducted from my bank account and loaded onto the card. When I make payments on the card the transactions show on my bank account statement. The issue is that on my quickfile bank account this shows as additional money coming into the account, although the money is just being moved from the account to the card. How do I allocate this correctly Hope this makes senses.

Hello @Trade_Sash_Weights_1

For security, I have made this message private.

I have had a look at your account. I take it you upload bank statement?
Just to clarify,
Are you saying your statements for the bank are showing for example

£100 money out (transfer to card)
£100 money out (paying for goods on card)
£200 out in total but in reality you paid £100 from this bank

Can you please give me a real life example of the above from you bank activity to look at please

hi steve thanks for reply, yeah so basically when i load card with £100 it shows as a deposit and as payment but what i purchase with the £100 shows as payment. So its like every time i load its adding money to my account that doesnt exist. For example the £20 fund transfer and transfer to card on 30/03/2022. Hope that helps, thanks

Hi @Trade_Sash_Weights_1

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response with this.

Would it be possible for you to upload a copy of your bank statement, please? Ideally, your QuickFile account should mirror this. Happy to take a look and see if we can advise further.

Hi Mathew

Thanks for reply
Statement_BillingAccount_20220401_To_20220412.csv

I hope this is what you requested, although I’m not very computer savvy. If this does not work please let me know and i will get someone to help me.

many thanks

Thank you for sharing this.

We were particularly interested in the transfer to card transaction you mentioned on 30/03/22.

Can you share that transaction or your march statement please

Hello

Thanks for your support and patience, here is my March statement as requested.

Statement_BillingAccount_20220301_To_20220401.csv

Thanks again

Hello

Sorry i realised mistake, I was only uploading billing account. Here is billing and card statement for March.

Statement_BillingAndCardAccount_20220301_To_20220401.csv

Thanks

So do you get different options to download statements ?
Is there an option for card only statement?

Statement_BillingAccount_20220301_To_20220401.csv
Statement_BillingAndCardAccount_20220301_To_20220401.csv

I was just thinking they should be set up separate in QuickFile.
Upload Statement_BillingAccount to your bank and set up a card account to upload its transactions.

Hi

That makes sense, I will give it a try thanks. I will give you feedback in case you encounter this with others.

No problem.

I have removed the attached files (sensitive information) and made the feed public for others to view in future.