Amend previous return


i made some errors on my prevouse tax return:

  1. 1 sales invoice was less than it should have been
  2. too much VAT was claimed on 2 purchase invoices

How do I go about amending them with them already have been submitted? And what do I do about putting it right in this next return?

Thank you

As long as the errors weren’t deliberate and the total amount underpaid to HMRC is less than £10,000 then you can usually just make the adjustment on your next return (source).

As for how to do this in QuickFile, you can just create additional invoices or credit notes as appropriate, these can even be back dated into the previous quarter and they’ll be picked up and included in your next return automatically.


This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.