Bank account not appearing in bank list for payment

Hi, I’m trying to log payment of a purchase invoice to my main bank account, but the account does not appear on the drop down list of payment sources. The account appears on the bank management page and i’ve checked in the chart of accounts settings that payments to and from this are allowed.
Thanks

Hi @katebaxter

Can I just double-check where you’re seeing/not seeing this, please? It may be easier if you outline a few steps for us to follow?

I have an unpaid purchase invoice and I’m using the ‘log payment’ button. The box appears to select amount, date, paid from, and pay method. In the ‘paid from’ drop down list my bank account is not listed

Thanks for the details. Can I just check if the bank account and the invoice are the same currency or are they different?

They are different currencies but I thought I would still be able to match them

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Thanks for your reply.

What currency is the invoice, and what currency is the bank account?

£ invoice and Euro bank account.

Thanks

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Hi @katebaxter

Unfortunately, this isn’t supported at this time.

It can be done the other way around (EUR invoice paid from a GBP account). What may be best here is to have a dummy holding account in GBP. You would mark the invoice as paid from there, and then have a GBP > EUR transfer to the EUR account.

Sorry we couldn’t help further on this occasion.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.