Bank feed issues with HSBC

Hi

I set up my open banking feed with HSBC a couple of days ago and it says it was done successfully, but to date nothing is showing in my dashboard. I know there’s not likely to have been any transactions on the account over the past couple of days, but surely the balance should be showing at least? I’m still currently with Xero (not for much longer!) and the bank feed is working OK for that. Is this perhaps why…that the bank can only feed to one external source and not two?
Thanks for any help

The balance is nothing more than the sum of transaction values - if there are no transactions there will be no balance.

To make the transition from xero you will need to export a trial balance from there at the date just before you started using QuickFile and import it into QuickFile as a journal, and that will include the opening balances in all your bank accounts. If you’ve already started inputting some things into QuickFile but not others then you’ll need to adjust the trial balance to match (e.g. if you’ve already entered some sales invoices then you’ll need to reduce the general sales and sales tax control credits and the debtors control debit to compensate).

1 Like

Hi Paula_1964
You can also set an opening balance for each of your bank account in the account settings.
I hope this helps.

You can, but this will just put the balancing entry into the suspense account and you’ll have to manually move it to where it actually belongs. If you’re moving from another accounting system such as Xero you’re much better off using a trial balance as that puts everything where it belongs from the start.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.