Bank feed keeps dropping

I have an affinity account with several bank feeds activated for different clients. All of them have had to ‘refresh’ their bank feeds after a few days of it all working successfully and some are having to do this quite regularly. I assumed (as with other bank feed accounting packages) that once set-up the feed would be reliable and continue to work. Am I missing another step or is this just the way it is?

Hi @albereto

Are these Yodlee feeds? Are they all with the same bank?

They are different clients and different banks, HSBC, Barclays, Lloyds etc. They’ve all been initially connected via the current account banking page in QF using More Options > Activate Bank Feed and inputting the clients bank details. Not sure if that’s Yodlee?

It sounds like a Yodlee feed.

Regarding the Barclays account - I will send you a private message about this one as we do have another solution you could be using. Although it could be requiring the manual refresh because of the setup.

HSBC - Although the main details are stored, this does require a manual refresh due to the nature of the security implemented by the bank. A unique code is required at each log in.

Lloyds - This should be working without an issue. However, I do believe Lloyds is one of the few banks with a delay on it due to the way they handle transactions.

Presumably the new open banking feed won’t require this.

Hi

I am not getting automatic overnight bank feeds coming through and have to do a manual one each day. I am with lloyds and yodelle and it was working before Christmas break. Any ideas why this is happening?

I don’t think I’ve had a private message re Barclays yet?

So, to check I am understanding this correctly:

Every time a client logs into QF to tag bank transactions they will have to manually refresh the feed?
What happens if they don’t log in for say 60 days or so due to minimal transactions?

It is a shame if this is the case as other software I use works without manually refreshing - how do they accomplish this?

For Yodlee feeds it depends on the bank. Basically all Yodlee do is screen-scrape your internet banking website, so if your bank is one that requires a one-time password or text message confirmation code every time you log in to internet banking then Yodlee is in the same position - they can’t auto-refresh the feed if the bank is asking for a one-time code they can’t generate.

HSBC needs a “secure key” code to log in, Barclays can be configured either to use a one-time “pin sentry” code or a fixed “memorable word”. So HSBC can never auto-refresh, and Barclays can but only if set up right with memorable word login.

The newer open banking feeds should bypass this as authentication for those is handled differently.

1 Like

That’s correct. Open Banking works completely differently to the Yodlee feed, so the need for a manual refresh will be a thing of the past

@Stridey - What happens if you try manually refreshing the feed? Do you see any errors?

If it’s HSBC through Yodlee, or the bank enforces a unique code at each login, then yes, they would need to refresh manually. However, with a select number of banks we are running a trial with Open Banking which gets around this (as @ian_roberts mentioned above). I will discuss this with you in the private message shortly.

If the bank enforces the unique code, then unfortunately this is the bank that’s doing it - we’re not able to by-pass this as the bank requires it.

Hi

I am not getting automatic overnight bank feeds coming through and have to do a manual one each day. I am with lloyds and yodelle and it was working before Christmas break. Any ideas why this is happening?

@Stridey - What happens if you try manually refreshing the feed? Do you see any errors?

Manual activation works fine but the automatic overnight option was good and saves having to do the manual all the time as I have to do currently Thanks.

Am I right in thinking that the new open banking feed is now standard and any future new connections will be on this basis?

If it was working previously, and you’re not seeing any errors or being prompted for details, I’m not sure why this wouldn’t be running. I will however send you a private message to get a few more details and investigate further.

At the moment Open Banking is only available with a select number of banks and bank account types, and is currently in the testing stage so it’s not generally available for everyone. As time progresses, we will be connecting with more banks (as they become available), and supporting more account types (again, as they become available).

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.