Bank Statement Imports

Hi,

We are trying to import a number of bank statements that have been downloaded from our bank in .CSV format. However when uploading all the transactions are ending in the Paid In column in the account, so no Paid Out values are appearing.

The format of the .CSV file is:

Date
Type
Description
Paid Out
Paid In
Balance

I would appreciate your assistance as we have too many transactions to consider manually typing.

Many Thanks,

Incorporate Solutions Limited

Hi,

Are you using one of the pre-loaded templates or are you selecting Other when uploading the .csv?

If you select Other you can then manipulate the columns before submitting it to be imported making sure to select the tick box if you have two columns for money in/out. image

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi,

We are choosing HSBC, then selecting .CSV format as listed, and using the .CSV files in the format they are downloaded from the bank.

Many Thanks,

When you import the .csv instead of chosing HSBC if you chose the ‘other’ option in the drop down then this will give you what I showed above.

HSBC have updated the format they use and so we are currently in the transition between old and new formats. For the time being you will be best to chose the ‘other’ option until everyone has upgraded and are all using the same format again.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Hi,

I’ve just tried your suggestion to use other and it’s asking to map the columns provided, however the column names to map to are appearing in the drop-downs as Column 1, Column 2, Column 3 etc and not Date, Type, Description, Paid Out, Paid In etc. The drop-downs are not showing what specific columns to map the fields to.

Many Thanks,

No worries, I’ve worked it out!

Do you know when the HSBC format will be back working, or an active feed?

Many Thanks,

The HSBC upload has been updated to match that of the new format, so if you are prompted for an upgrade in HSBC then once that has been successful the format will change to this one:

HSBC-current-account-CSV.csv (238 Bytes)

You will then be able to use the HSBC selection again :slight_smile: