Bank Tagging out of sync

how do I sync to ensure all bank transactions appear in quick file?

Hi @moreilly

The quickest and easiest way is to use an automated bank feed. This will pull in any cleared transactions (e.g. money that has definitely left/arrived in your bank account) on a regular basis.

The alternative is to use a CSV import. This is a bit more manual, but unlike the feed, it doesn’t require a subscription. You would export a CSV file containing your transactions from the bank, and then upload them into QuickFile.

What bank are you with?

thanks, its Barclays. We have an automated feed in place (for the last number of years) however some transactions are missing in quick file and our balances are out of sync for some reason?

I was late re-authorising the bank feed a few times, does it ignore the transactions in these cases? (I assumed it would just pick these up when it was re authorised?)

Hi @moreilly

If you know what transactions are missing (dates, descriptions and amounts) we can certainly investigate this further. Generally however, we use the data supplied to us by the bank.

A late re-auth may have affected it. Were there any particular periods you notice missing? We can manually run some periods from our end, but it depends on the bank.

I know some transactions, but the balances are out so not sure of extent of missing transactions. This is really worrying given our accounts need to be submitted shortly and we rely on QF!

I’d imagine you’ve had between 12 and 18 months to notice it tho given your accounts are due shortly.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.