Breakdown of Sales Invoices per Item description

Hi
I need to run a report to show a breakdown of revenue.
When a sales invoice is raised in the item field it shows different category.
I need to run a report to show all the invoices raised and then for them to show the item description on each amount.
When running reports i cannot get one to show this

Hi @LisaBook

Are you wanting a breakdown showing the invoice number and then this broken down into each line/description with the individual nominal codes?

Yes. So invoice number, customer and then each line.
In the item it is either “water proof consulting” or “expert witness” etc
So i need to see the breakdown of revenue allocated to each item

Thanks

Hi
Any news on this?

Hi @LisaBook

Apologies, I must have missed your reply yesterday. I don’t think there is a report, I can’t think of one anyway - that will show you all of these details.

Your best bet may be to download your account backup and look at the invoice export

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
But surly there must be a way. I’m unsure why QF would give this function if you couldn’t see the split within a report?

You can run reports based on the nominals but this wouldn’t show you the line description only the invoice number. You could create your own custom report for the specific nominals you want to see: Build a custom report

Hi Beth

I have seen this custom report and did try to build one but could not manage to do it

Is this something you could help with?

Hi @LisaBook

What is it that you need help with? I am unable to create one for you but can give you guidance on how to set it up.

First, you’ll need to decide which nominals you want to see on the report

Hello
I have already posted this query but no one replied,

I need to run a report on sales invoices raised. I need the report to show the below:
So invoice number, customer and then each line.
In the item it is either “water proof consulting” or “expert witness” etc
So i need to see the breakdown of revenue allocated to each item

Thanks

Hi @LisaBook

I have merged your post with your original post from a couple of weeks ago.

As I said in my replies to you the best way to get this data would probably be to export your invoice details - there is no report that will show this in QuickFile.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.