Bulk tagging

I’m just getting started and the bulk tagging does not work well. I search for matching untagged transactions and bulk tag them, but later I find there are more transactions that are identical but were not picked up as matching. Is there a setting I should know about so I can match ALL transactions and tag them all? My bank statements cover a year.

Hi @patt

Are you using the Advanced Search option to find the similar transactions? How many are you finding - e.g. is it over more than 1 page?

I’m using the search bubble to the right of the transaction, and with 15+ pages it picks up more than one page but certainly not all. How does the advanced search work?

The advanced search can be found at the top of the page - just click the orange Advanced Search button, enter your criteria, and we’ll look up the data and display the results to you.

It’s worth noting that if the data is over more than 1 page then selecting all will only select the current page you’re viewing.

Oh I see. Should I set up bank tagging first, before I upload transactions (csv) and then they will be picked up?

That would be correct. Any transactions already on the account won’t be checked against new bank tagging rules, so it’s best to set these up first. You may wish to try it with a small number of transactions first, or even stop it from auto tagging (so you manually approve the match first), just so it avoids any errors or issues.

I’ve set bank tagging and applied to just one to see if it works but it didn’t get tagged. Then I tried to tag manually and assign to a client account, but the notice I got says
No unpaid invoices found for this client.
You can save as a credit to the client account below
I don’t have invoices, I created the client in sales/create a client, then set a tagging rule, so why doesn’t it work, do I have to create invoices?

What is your tagging rule set to do? It should be matching on the line description either “Begins with”, “Contains” or “Ends with”.

It is set to ‘contains’ which I figured would cover all 3 possibilities

Let me send you a private message to get a few more details and see if we can help further.

Please look for a green notification in the top right corner.

I tried ‘starts with’ and it worked! Thanks for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.