C.c invoices go into junk folder

I am advised by a customer that the main recipient invoice is received okay but the C.C copy to a second party ends up his junk folder. This never used to happen before. Any ideas please how to resolve, apart from advising the customer to troll through all his junk mail to find my invoice every time which is not a good idea…

Hi @MrGee,

Are you using your own SMTP settings? If not, this can help the emails avoid the Junk/spam folder. Unfortunately the invoice emails contain a lot of triggers that certain email providers flag as spam. There isn’t much that can be done except asking the client to mark the email address as safe and mark the emails as ‘not spam’.

Using your own email settings can help as it would be coming through your email rather than through QuickFile itself

Hi QFBeth,
I think that is not completely correct. I always cc myself and the cc emails come from this email address: noreply@quickfile.co.uk.
I use my own smtp and all emails, as far as I can say, go through my email account except the cc mails. All the cc emails to myself end up in the spam forlder. I don’t really have a problem with this because I know where to look, but it is not ideal.
In front of the quickfile email address is my business name - that is maybe the problem.

1 Like

Hi @rhc

Any emails sent to your clients would use SMTP if it’s enabled. But any CC emails to yourself would go through the default set up of Amazon.

In QF terminology “cc” refers only to a copy that you send back to yourself. If you sent the same invoice to multiple client contacts then these are sent as separate emails and should all use the same protocol for mailing.

It is quite possible for one person’s spam filter to see the email as legit and another’s to see it as spam. If they are using different email providers then they are quite probably using different spam detection algorithms. Even with the same provider people can usually personalise their spam detection.

Using your own SMTP usually helps but there is no foolproof method. Every update to anti spam and malware algorithms always results in a few false positives.

1. Ask the client to add you as a safe sender
  2. If feasible check the first invoice to any new client to verify that they have opened it after a couple of days. A discrete email at that point can save a lot of bad feeling later.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.