Can I Disable a client to access their account?

I have seen this topic " Disable client access to client area" (2013)
“clients will always be able to log in automatically by following previously issued invoice links”

Well it’s 2018 so I am hoping it is possible to disable a client to access their account. Is it?

if it’s not, this is really bad news. I can’t believe there is no way to disable a client to access client area. Not even changing the password? So why there is an option to change a password if it’s useless???

Please fix it, this has been suggested over and over for many years

Thanks
Patrick

Hi @Patrick_K

Yes, you can. There are a few options here depending on your situation.

If you’ve given your client a password
Changing the password or removing the contact will resolve this. However, if you do simply change the password, they may still be able to request a password reset.

If you haven’t given them a password
You can either enforce a client login or revoke access by changing their email address.

However, it’s important to tick the revoke access option if you are changing the email address. There’s more details in the below topic from 2014:

The other option would be to enforce the login by modifying the client, and ticking this option:

Remove Contacts
The other option would be to remove the contacts. If there are no contacts saved for that client, then there is no way for them to be able to log into their account.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for you reply.
I thought I would have to delete the contact, but I only need to delete the contact details. That’s great, I have a few options to resolve this.

Thanks Again

Patrick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.