Cannot make quickfile connect to HMRC

When I try to submit a VAT return I get the following error message:
“You are not yet authorised to view this report for the *VRN 123XXX . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update”
After AN HOUR on the phone to HMRC, they have said that it is fine.

Hello @TWGM

We have no control over this error, the error is returned from HMRC’s systems.

Please see the “Unauthorised Message” and " Checking your HMRC account" sections of the article below.

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/making-tax-digital-troubleshooting/37144

But I have contacted the HMRC and they’ve told me it’s set up correctly their end :frowning :frowning:

Hello @TWGM

Unfortunately like I said, the message comes from their systems.

Did you have a go at the “Checking your HMRC account” section of the article?

Yes, I’ve read it all. I don’t see ‘Making Tax Digital’ when I go into the account; but the HMRC (via telephone) told me we have registered.

Hi @TWGM

That error usually means you’re either not registered, or you’ve linked the wrong HMRC account.

I would try disconnecting and reconnecting your HMRC within QuickFile as it may have been the wrong account linked.

How do I do this please?

Hi @TWGM

You will find a “Disconnect” option in the HMRC section of your account (Reports > HMRC).

There’s some more details, with screenshots, in the article linked above (Making Tax Digital: Troubleshooting)

I’ve now done this. However, it now tells me “You have a saved VAT Return that overlaps this period (ending 30 Apr 2022). Please rollback any overlapping VAT Returns before proceeding. [Show VAT Return list]”. What does this mean? If I agree to the ‘rollback’ will it delete the entries I have made?
I am really losing patience with this!

The rollback process will simply unlock the items that were included in the return that you previously saved, which will then allow you to create and submit a new return for the same period.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.