Cannot search for payments marked as visa debits

Hi guys

I’m just checking through my lists of payments to check they have been entered correctly and QF is showing the payments I’ve entered today as payment unknown - even tho i have stated that the payment was via visa debit.

I go to the View Payments page from the Sales drop down and do an advanced search to bring up all the payments made by debit card, the last one is shows correctly is 16th July, every payment since marked as debit card is showing as Unknown Payment. I’ve just tried it again to make sure i hadn’t forgotten to select the payment method and its still doing it

Any ideas?

Hi @scoobeski

How are the payment records being created? For example, do you create them from manual bank tagging, bank tagging rules, “Log payment” on the invoice screen, receipt hub etc.

I’ve just tried one or two methods and they seem to have recorded as “Bank Transfer” (which is the default).

Do you have a payment we could see this with please? I’ve located your account, so all I would need is the Payment ID from the URL (pID), for example, for a sales payment:

/secure/invoices/paymentView.aspx?pID=123456789

Most of them were created from invoice management screen and selecting “update as paid”

For this kind of entry there isn’t a default - i have to select a payment method. I have tried the same thing with other payment types i.e. marking it as a standing order - but this doesn’t even come as a searchable option so i don’t know if that works!

/secure/invoices/paymentView.aspx?pID=7770214 is one of the payments. they are now showing as the correct payment on the actual payment screen (the one here) but i still cannot search them

Thanks for the additional info, that’s very useful.

We’ve identified the cause and are working on a fix, this should be rolled out later today.

thanks for sorting that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 27 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.