Can't Delete Currency Transfer Transaction

I’ve been experimenting with various ways to record my TransferWise transactions; as a test, I created two new Merchant Accounts for GBP and USD at TransferWise. At first I tried to record this as a Currency Transfer, but changed my mind and wanted to do this via a journal (not saying this is right). However, I can’t delete this Currency Transfer. When I click on the red "delete’ X and click OK, I get the error message “Some transactions could not be deleted.”

Of course, trying to do anything else with this informs me that Currency Transfers can’t be untagged, etc., they must be deleted. I can’t delete these test accounts because they still have a transaction on them. This appears to be a bug, but if not, is there something else I can do to delete this transaction? Thanks in advance!

Is it the same from both ends? I.e. if it won’t let you delete the USD side of the transfer will it let you delete the GBP side instead or vice versa?

Good question. Yes, I tried it from both. I also tried deleting it via the “Deleted Selected” method from both accounts.

Attaching a screenshot in case it helps. I’m still not able to delete this transaction.

Hi @mikewasson

I’ll send you a private message to get a few more details from you.

1 Like

Hi @QFMathew ! I am experiencing the same problem, why is that? Could you help me as well please?

I am also trying to delete a transactions between two currency accounts and get the message: Some transactions could not be deleted. Tried to highlight and delete and detag but both give the same.
I need to alter the amount for my CT!

1 Like

@gamnlifestyle @privateskies - There is a small bug which is preventing this. In the case of @mikewasson we manually corrected this.

The fix itself should be live later today, but we’ll let you know when this does go live.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.