Cant roll over a year during 6 monthly invoice

I have a recurring invoice due to go out this November 2020 for a six month period, so it will switch years within that invoice period.

Our dynamic variables are currently

10/||MONTH-1||/||YEAR|| - 10/||MONTH+5||/||YEAR||

This however will produce 10/October/2020 - 10/April/2020

I need the April month to switch to 2021.

I know I could put in YEAR+1 however as this is recurring that means that the next invoice in six months time will go out incorrect as 10/March/2021 - 10/September/2022 so it would need to be -1 year

Is there any dynamic variable that rolls over the year based on the date the invoice is sent out.

Hi @Jeanette

What date is the invoice set to be generated, in relation to the 10th (which I notice is fixed in the invoice line)?

This is because you are separating out the days/months/years. If you just do it as one, e.g. ||DATE|| - ||DATE+6M|| the year will be correct. I’m guessing there’s some reason you’re doing it this way?

The invoice would go out on 1st November 2020 for the bill period 10th October 2020 – 10th April

We had found that option previous, but we do it this way so that the month is written in full i.e October, November, December whereas the way you suggest pulls it in the format of the invoice date 01/11/2020 – 01/05/2021. Is there a way to change the way the format comes through? Or is this the only option available to deal with the year roll over date?

Only options are what are already there. I’ve only ever started off with DATE so never run into this issue. Would be handy to have the option to format it I guess.

There isn’t a way to change this format unfortunately, although you’re welcome to start a #feature request for this.

The way @Lurch suggested would be the best way to approach this at the moment.

Thank you all for your help.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.