Capital Expenditure: Nominal categories for building work

Our village hall has just installed a play park and I am not sure what nominal category to put it under. Also, we are soon to embark on some building work to the hall, and I would like to show this as a separate item, but am not sure where to put it. Can you help?

Create a new nominal code for each project under ‘Assets and Liabilities’ as shown below:

Log all expenditure related to each project under the related nominal codes created above.

We would then recommend you refer the above nominal codes to your Accountant to determine whether posted expenditure is capital and to adjust accordingly.