Cash Register Sales

I have been using the new cash register sales option. It seems to go to the petty cash account, which is fine, as I just transfer it to the current account at the end of the month. However, this month 6 out of the 7 transactions made are showing as being owed to me, even though they are tagged, and a transfer to my current account is also showing in the banking tab. Is it safe to just delete these records from Money owed.

I would be grateful for any simple advice please…:slight_smile:

Thank you

Trish

Hi @TrishG

I’ll certainly try my best to help you :slight_smile:

The way the cash register takings are managed are by logging your daily takings to ‘Petty Cash’ (to reflect what you have in cash at the shop for example). If you were to bank some or all of that, then you would create the transfer to the Current Account so your bank balance is accurately reflected.

As part of the cash register tool, all payments it creates based on your entries and tagged automatically, so I’m not sure where the untagged entry would come from.

Are you using the tool as an actual cash register tool, or just a quick method to create invoices?

No, as an actual cash register tool… I have also noticed that a payment that was allocated to an invoice is not showing on the bank account screen…::sweat:

I’ll send you a private message now to get a few more details and take a look for you.

Please look for a green notification in the top right hand corner