Cashflow forecast report

I think what we’ll do is just start with a basic set of projections based on the points I mentioned further up. We can always add to this later.

It would be preferable to go down the route of integrating with an established service, however any 3rd party application would need to pull data from QF over the API (as Vistr are doing with Xero), this would take a commitment on their part.

3 Likes

Hi, has there been any update on the development of this at all please?

1 Like

Hi @joevans

There isn’t an update at the moment I’m afraid.

However, we will update this thread as soon as we are able to.

As @Glenn mentions above, it is preferred that we integrate with an existing piece of software

Hello. It’s great so have seen so many positive contributions above; yet the trail had gone quiet since January. I’m possibly not alone to be waiting with baited breath for a further update or progress update?
G.

1 Like

Hi Yes could we get an update on this feature please
It would be great to have this feature implemented to be forward looking, and customisable to assess potential contract wins / losses / changes in programme, and overhead changes eg staff / supplier cost amendments over a differing periods. Ideally we would like the ability to project forwards based on potential recurring and one off receipts and payments.
Hopefully implementing something which provides this (or something along these lines) within QF or possibly through a separate app link up would not be too far in the
distant future?? Thanks!

I’m sorry we don’t have any updates to report on this at the moment, we will certainly update this thread as and when this feature request is reviewed.

Hi Gents,

A crucial report that appears to be missing from Quickfile is the Cashflow Forecast Report. This is a simple report that calculates the customer invoice due dates Vs the supplier due dates and gives a report of what the state of cashflow will be like in a specified amount of time, with intervals such as days, weeks, months etc.

This is a crucial report as it allows you to calculate how much cashflow will be available at any future date.

Of course this assumes all customer invoices are paid on time, and when a due date passes and payments have not been paid.

2 Likes

Hi @cr123

I’ve merged your post with he existing topic to keep everything together

After reading through the posts, I think every-one is demanding QuickFile to step up the game.
QuickFile is a very basic bookkeeping software but as I’ve been using it for quite some time, the cash flow forecasting falls under management reporting and the best way is to create extracts and work on excel.
Not to confuse cash flow statement which is something different altogether.
There are 3rd party software available which can do some complex forecasting and if thats the case then im not sure why the user is on QuickFile.
After using SAP by design, which produces 100’s of generic reports one would still need to rely on excel. So why not simply use it in the first place.
QuickFile is a brilliant piece of software and the export functions can do some wonders if you have the skills via excel.

Thats right and it cost $100 a month and Quickfile is the fraction of its price. So i think integrating a new feature like that would raise the cost significantly which is best left to 3rd party software.

Not sure if its worth reviving a two year old post, but this particular point is worth understanding better.

The way I see this issue is the question that should be asked is not whether 1,2 or 3 or YNAR or PACE is better, but more what businesses are trying to achieve.

As I understand it, there are presumably three main points businesses want to accomplish.

1. Project how much income and expenditure will occur over the next 12 months (whether you do that weekly, monthly or quarterly). Mainly to see what you are spending your money on in order to reduce your expenses and to evaluate where you are making money in order to improve your income.

2. Determine Net Profit as well as final Bank Balance at end of year

3. Determine Cash flow over the months to ensure that you have sufficient funds at all times?

I have found using the profit and loss in previous years and the budgeting tool that I have has enabled me to reduce my expenditure, identify areas where I am not making money and making changes to address that. In addition, it has enabled me to project my income and expenditure with reasonable accuracy and allows me to budget for expenditure like advertising etc.

However, I have find that while I can determine net profit, this approach does not help with determining what will be in my bank account at the end of the year as well as my cash flow requirements. In addition, it does not help with fixed asset purchases which are on the balance sheet not on the profit and loss sheet.

I would recommend that a budgeting tool which is essentially a future projection of your profit and loss would be a good start to add to the accounting program as I have found it to be a great help. However it is admittedly limited in that it does not cover cash flow, final bank balance as well as balance sheet transaction such as fixed asset expenditure which will naturally hit your bank balance even if it theoretically does not affect profits on paper.

Hi,

Is there any movement on this?
A cashflow forecast report would be very helpful.

To be honest my main bugbare with your system is the reports functions. It would be nice to be able to do more reports which as sales by item etc. or even just have more options to view different columns in some of your pages such as your payments screen, then I could export the file and create a quick pivot table to give me my answers quickly.

Hello @JBond

There are no changes to the cashflow forecast report, but I would encourage you to add your vote at the top of the page.

This is possible in terms of viewing how many times an item has been used:

Not sure if this would help in the meantime?

If you wish, you’re welcome to start a new Feature Request thread with suggestions on the columns for the payments screen, and we can monitor the interest in that request going forward.

I will make a new thread.

Better Reporting Options

Hello

I wonder, has there been any update on adding cash flow forecasting into QF yet?
Can you please advise how can I do forecasting in mean time?
Thank you

Hi @Martina_Sujova1

This feature is still under consideration, but as soon as we had any updates, we will post them here.

You may wish to start a new thread regarding forecasting in the meantime, and I’m sure other users will be willing to share their methods.

3 Likes

@Glenn @QFMathew Any update on this? Again this is another item that QF seem to be ignoring, even though it’s been requested since Oct 2014!? :exploding_head: . It’s a shame that QF seem to be ignoring basic requests such as these to add features like “landlord bookkeeping” and “crypto portfolios”; as a paying user that has had their subscription increased within the last year from memory, I’m wondering whether it’s worth sticking with QF in the long run?

Hi @Markus_Simpson

There’s no changes here at this time, but watch this space. Our team are always working on new features and making improvements.

Mathew I would really support the need to have a cashflow forecasting tool as this would be an essential report for management accounts. When is this likely to be available. If not soon then we will need to look elsewhere for this functionality.

Hi @Eugene

There are no updates to share at this time, but please ensure you add your vote at the top of the thread by clicking “Vote”.