Change administrator - employee changed

How do I change the administrator to me? The employee previously has now left so I have no way of them transferring the information to me.

Thanks

Hi @dreilly

Only the main administrator would be able to change this option.

Does anyone have access to their email address now, or has it been deactivated?

No access - how can we change it?

For security reasons it’s essential that only the admin user can transfer privileges. You can either ask them to log in or we can request permission to change the admin on your behalf.

When you say “no access”, do you mean the email is no longer in use? Does your company own the domain to which the email is linked? If it’s a company email you should be able to put in a forward on there.

It is all in the company name but it’s not clear who has admin rights - someone has left who used to run QF but we can’t ask them. How do we find out who has access? e,g my boss might have access but she doesn’t have access via email - can we set her up if she’s the administrator?

Hi @dreilly

The domain name could be registered to your company, or to the registrar. You can check the details using a tool such as who.is. This should also tell you who the registrar is.

To check who the main administrator of the account is, you can go to Account Settings > Team Management. This will show you there:

The administrator would be able to see who the additional team members are on the account, and would be able to transfer the administrator privileges.

If you can access your companies emails (as @Glenn mentions above), you could, for example, redirect the emails for bob@company.com to jim@company.com, reset the password, and then Jim would be able to log in as Bob as the main administrator.

Unfortunately when I click on account setting it states ‘off limits’ so I can’t even see who the administrator is?

Hi @dreilly

This could be because the account administrator disabled it for your log in.

I’ve taken a quick look at the account, and can see that Emma is the main administrator.

Thank-you. Emma is saying she can’t access the account? Is it possible to re-set her up and then she can change the administrator bits?

No problem!

Any user who is having issues logging in can go to your unique account web address (usually something like https://company-name.quickfile.co.uk), and click the ‘I forgot?’ link. This will send a new random password to that user to allow them to access the account.

Once Emma has gained access, the main administrator can be changed in the Team Management settings

Hope that helps!

we recently requested a code in order to change the administrator on our account, we have been sent the code, and have the letter in front of us now, but Matthew, who was dealing with my office manager on this has become un responsive to emails, I am the director, i need the QF to have administrator changed to me and to get QF unlocked, as Matthew locked it for us for security reasons when the old administrator left our company, please help !

Hello @Jamesnew

Firstly, I’d like to apologise if it feels like I’m not responding to your emails, but I haven’t received any.

I’ve picked up your other post and will try to resolve this for you in a private message. Please look for a green notification in the top right corner.

I have the same problem
No access to previous administrator

Hi @TOM1

I will send you a private message to get some information from you.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.