Changing Invoice template without using Trading Styles?

Hello,

I have created an invoice template, but cannot seem to apply it when creating a new invoice. I have read previously that you can attach it to a trading style, but this feature is a power user paid feature… is this the only way of using a customised invoice, or is the way of testing the appearance before purchasing the power user package? I have not used CSS or HTML, but have just altered using the interface.

Many thanks,
lorraine

Hi Lorraine,

Once you create a new invoice, the template will automatically be applied. Trading styles can be used if you trade under different names, or have multiple arms to your business.

Let me know if you need any help :slight_smile:

Hello, thanks for your quick reply, my template has not changed… when I preview an invoice the original template is shown? I currently have 3 templates, how am I able to change between the three?

Thanks again,
Lorraine

Hi Lorraine,

You can only use one template unfortunately, multiple templates aren’t supported.

To activate a template, you would need to select the invoice gallery button:

And then click the template you wish to use:

My template isn’t showing in here? I basically wanted to rename the part that says “Invoice” for some of our bills sent out to say “application for payment” But also have the choice to have some that still said “invoice” and wanted to pick between the two easily… is there any way of doing this?

Many thanks,
Lorraine

Would it be possible to use multiple templates somehow using trading styles?

Did you name your template? If so, what was the name and I’ll take a quick look at your account for you.

Trading styles are applied at a client level, so if they are assigned to a trading style, it would apply to all of that clients invoices

Yes, there are two templates on my account “Standard Template” and “Not payment application”… It seems strange that you can create more than one invoice template but can only use the standard one?

Really appreciate your help with this!

Thanks,
Lorraine

I believe I’ve found your account, but can’t see the “Non payment application” template. I’ll send you a private message now and get some more information. Look for a green notification in the top right hand corner

Thank you! I will be looking out for it :slightly_smiling:

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.