Church accounts

Hello - I’ve been locked out of our church accounts stating I have to pay now because we are a large or very large company. We are not though. We are only open 3 times a week for 2 hours and none of us get paid. we are all volunteers. I am the volunteer treasurer. Can I just ask, Do I now have to pay you to use Quickfile?

Hi @BBSpiritualist

Large is defined as 1,000+ ledger entries in a rolling 12 month period. This is made up of invoices, purchase invoices, bank entries, VAT - they all count towards it. So you may find that although you open for a short period of time, if you have a lot of entries, this will boost your ledger count.

As of December 1st 2015, all Large and Extra Large (L or XL) accounts are required to pay £45+VAT for 12 months access (known as the Power User Subscription). That said, there are ways we can help.

Is the church a registered charity (for example, do you claim gift aid and have a registered charity number)? Or do you use the account for things such as transactions that may not need to be on the account?

If you like, I’ll send you a private message and I can go into some of these in more details, and see if I can help a bit more?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.