Clearing Prepayments

How can I clear prepayments on debtors and creditors reports to accurately show the balances?

Hi @nicola

You would need to allocate the payments to an invoice or refund the balances

Hi Beth,

Thank you for your quick response. I don’t really want to create invoices as that would distort my turnover.
These balances have appeared but the reference relates to 2017?

Nicola Harkin

NH Bookkeeping Solutions Ltd
20 Lodge Way

Mickleover, Derby.
DE3 9BE.

If you know what the balances relate to you could journal them? If they have only just appeared have you recently amended anything?

Hi Beth,

Attached is the report I have exported, as you can see the balances are from 5 years ago and bare no relation to this year’s accounts which is why I do not want to enter sales invoices, it is the same with the creditor’s report. I can’t work out where these transactions have come from or how they have not been queried by the accountants before but I need to some how remove them from our software.

Thank you

Nicola Harkin

20 Lodge Way

Mickleover, Derby.
DE3 9BE.

Historical_Sales_6aee4e1d-8.csv (4.16 KB)

This is not something recent, I have a feeling it is when we first went onto QF, I think they may have been accountants instructions but we are no longer with the same accountants.

Nicola Harkin

20 Lodge Way

Mickleover, Derby.
DE3 9BE.

Hi @nicola

There is a similar question asked here which may help you: Un-used Credit on Clients Account

Thank you Beth great service as always.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.