Client list for a mailout

Hi Glenn

Is there anyway I can download a list of clients with their addresses for a mail out?

thanks

Niall

Hi Niall,

If you run a backup of your account you will get a file called Client_Ledger.csv, this is a full spreadsheet of all clients, including their address. Hopefully that should work!

Glenn - what do you mean when you say ‘run a backup of your account?’

Sorry I should have included a link:

http://help.quickfile.co.uk/main/1/create_a_data_backup_schedule.htm

This feature can be found in the account settings area and it will allow you to run an on-demand backup of all your ledgers.

There was also a suggestion to integrate QuickFile with MailChimp which is something we’d like to do in future.

According to the instructions on doing data backups, it says

‘From your dashboard, click to view your account settings. Within the account settings main page you will see an option ‘Weekly/Monthly Backups’. Click this link and you will see a simple form where you can input the start date and specify the frequency (e.g. weekly or monthly).’

Looking at the drop-down menu behind AccountSettings on my dashboard, I do not have the option mentioned in the above paragraph…

You have to literally click the ‘Account Settings’ button for a full list. The back ups option will be shown there :slight_smile:

1 Like

As @Parker1090 mentioned you need to click the main tab to bring up all the options. What we should really add is an option in the menu “Show all account settings”, would be more intuitive. . Ignore… it’s already there.

Not looking to set up any regular schedule here, but would like to just run it once for now…to ‘have a go!’ Is that possible and if so, how do you do it?

Glann - I am at the backup settings screen, but below the start date, there are the two options, weekly or monthly. As I said in an earlier thread, i will only need to do this once every so often - and now could be a good time to get the name and address details to send my clients a christmas card!! How does one run the backup as a ‘one off?’

You should have a link like this:

Oh ok, something else I should have mentioned…

You need to first create a backup schedule before that option appears (you can remove it again after if you wish).

1. Create a new backup schedule
  2. Save
  3. Go out of the backup schedule page and back in again.

After doing this you should see the link @Parker1090 highlighted.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.