Community Amateur Sports Club

Does anyone have any info on whether QuickFile is suitable for use for a designated Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC)? If so, what ‘business type’ should we state when setting up our QuickFile account?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Hi @MarshfieldCC

I can’t see why it wouldn’t be suitable, but the best thing to do is sign up (it’s free) and take a look at what’s on offer.

What is the legal status of the club? For example, is it more of a partnership, or is it incorporated with Companies House? Is it registered as a charity?

Thanks Matthew,

CASC status is recognised by HMRC. It is akin to Charity status, but I believe it differs in minor respects. I’ll look into this further, but I guess it’ll do no harm if I designate the Club as a ‘Charity’ when initially setting up our QuickFile account.

Jonathan

There isn’t a big difference between Charity and the other standard types to be honest. The biggest differences would be, if you were a charity (limited), you would have options for things like corporation tax, director’s loan accounts and few other things.

Similarly, if you went for non-limited, this would almost mimic the sole trader/partnership setup, where you have a proprietors/partners drawings account instead of a Director’s Loan Account.

It’s worth remembering that you’re not able to change it once it’s been set up, but hopefully the above will help you decide on the right route.

Of course, if you need any help - let us know :slight_smile:

Cheers, a great help, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.