Creating a supplier with credit

Hi Guys,

Have opened a new qf account.

Creating a new supplier with prepayment on their account. However, when i click on prepayment it is asking me for payment details etc which is irrelevant as the payment was from last year when i did not have a qf account.

How can I set up the account without selecting the payment source.

There is not even the option of entering a minus opening balance when creating the supplier- The box only accepts figures if it is a positive amount.

Thanks in advance

The simplest approach is to follow through the prepayment process and set the date to a date before you started using QuickFile (e.g. the last day of the previous accounting period). Now go into the same bank account you chose for the prepayment and manually create an equivalent money in transaction for the same amount on the same date, and tag it as “something not on the list” to the creditors control account. This reverses the effect of the prepayment transaction in your nominal accounts putting them back to the state you imported from your previous accounting package, which presumably already included this prepayment in the creditors control balance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.