Credit note allocation goes under prepayment

Hi, I have an issue with the credit card/prepayment option.
For example : I have an invoice created for 83.33 but under bank I receive 92.59 and then i have a refund of 9.26. When I allocate the received amount of 92.59. ( here automatically the system create a credit note) then I allocate the refund of 9.26 against invoice-credit note, this automatically goes under prepayment. (9.26 )
I am not sure if I allocate under the right way or why goes under prepayment because the refund allocate with a credit on supplier account. This is really confusing me what I miss or don’t do right. And again if I try to allocate from under prepayment the refund then under my bank will duplicate the refund.

Please somebody can point me what I do not do correctly or I do the allocations incorrectly?

Thank you

Hi @szkata_16

The best way to deal with this situation would be to tag the payment against the client as a pre-payment. You can then go into the invoice and pay it from the pre-payment balance.

The leftover pre-payment balance you can then refund - no need for a credit note.

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.