Credit notes not being taken off owed balance

Not sure if this is a bug or if Ive done something wrong.
2 of my suppliers overcharged in their invoices and sent me a credit note which I then added and assigned to the relevant invoice.
However, whenI exported my payments due onto a spreadsheet, they amount due was exported without the credit notes added.
As a result I have paid these 2 suppliers more money than they were due.

Where did you export then from? Im sure I read somewhere that some pages always show the invoice total

@Spike
On the purchase management dashboard → More Options → Export Batch Payment List

I also tried Ticking all the boxes and using More Options → Export Data to see if it was any different.

Both times, it gave me the amount without the credit note added.

Hi @Paul87

We have tested this and can confirm it does pick up the correct balance with a partial credit note. Can I just check that you’re looking at the ‘Balance’ column which should be the last column rather than the total column which will show you the full total of the invoices not taking into consideration any payments or credits:

@QFBeth
I have just tried it and it does work as you mentioned, although it is not very obvious and had I not asked the question would probably never have realised lol.

Although, I find that, on the Purchase Management Dashboard, If I tick all payments due, it exports the payments complete with payment references etc which the export that you have done above, does not.

This gives a lot of work as in order to get all the details needed to make the payment I need to do 3 exports.

Export Data - Gives Payment References
Aggregate Totals by Supplier - Gives totals including credit Notes
Dedicated Breakdown by Supplier - Gives bank details

Is there an easier way to do this? As I feel it could get messy.

Hi @Paul87,

You don’t need the aggregate one, the totals shown on the breakdown by supplier are the same totals. So you would have the totals and the bank details all in one place

@QFBeth
The Aggregate totals sheet is the only one that gives the bank details

My problem is that there are geneerally 50+ payments needing made each month
A lot of these payments are to new suppliers so the ability to get their bank details from the export is vital.
Also, A lot will include credit notes and I dont always remember which suppliers I need to check.

The set up that is in place at the minute leaves a big room for error.

I cant see any way around exporting the 3 spreadsheets and using the vlookup formula to try and link all the relevant details together.
What makes it harder is that there will quote often be more than one payment to process to each supplier as I cannot include all reference numbers in the payment reference as it is limited to 15 characters
That then means that I need to make sure the correct references are attributed to the correct payment amount and everything lines up correctly.

I understand that this isnt Quickfiles concern but I do feel that having the ability, even to include the reference numbers one of the Agregate totals sheet would save a lot of time and effort

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.