Customer portal for ordering

Is there a way to create a customer-facing form/portal so that they can orders goods directly from QuickFile?

I mean something like a web-store.

1 Like

Hi @marekkowalczyk

This isn’t possible at the moment. It’s probably more an e-commerce set up rather than accounting software.

I think what may be the best way to achieve this is to look at something dedicated for this (Shopify for example - although I’ve never used this), and connect it to your QuickFile account using something like Zapier. Zapier actually connects to a few ecommerce platforms, they have a list here

Hope that helps

I’ve converted this to a feature request.

We do have payment integration and invoicing, so in a sense a big part of this problem is solved. As @QFMathew mentions, it’s a little out of scope to support this within QF, but we will leave this open for comment.

1 Like

Thank you — I’m aware of the existing integration with Shopify, which we’re using for our retail sales :slight_smile:

But our use case is a bit different. This feature came up in a discussion regarding ordering by wholesale customers. Theoretically, we could use Shopify &c as well but they charge a hefty % of sales. And wholesalers are already getting substantial discounts so using Shopify would significantly erode margins. This is not much of a problem for retail, though.

So I was thinking about a kind of extranet/B2B functionality rather than a retail e-commerce site.

No need for the portal to be pretty. No need for fancy templates etc. Just a place for wholesalers to place orders directly rather than via email/phone, which is time-consuming and error-prone.

Obviously, we could just set up a Google Spreadsheet form that integrates with QF via Zapier. But it’s kind of a hack.

1 Like

Just find a free/cheap shop.

I have a couple of small B2B/low item count sites and use Joomla and HikaShop which ends up looking pretty professional for the price.

1 Like

I think it would be a great fit.
Quickfile + EMERGE+ shopify.

Quickfile - for accounting purposes
EMERGE - for order management, product management, sales orders, purchase orders. Entire inventory management available. Best part? It integrates with shopify and plans of integration with Quickfile.

Shopify - for eCommerce sales.

1 Like