Customer statement incomplete

Continuing the discussion from Customer Statement of Account:

When I print a customer statement I have two issues

1. any unallocated payments are included in the credits total but are not shown as a transaction with date in the statement

2. when I try and export data not all the lines appear in the csv

Is there anything I can change in my setup to correct this?

Thanks

Hi @Mary

That’s correct. Any pre-payments, or unallocated payments aren’t shown in the main statement body. This only shows payments relating to invoices as it shows the reference. There isn’t a way of changing this, although you’re welcome to start a new thread as a feature request for this if you wish.

I’ve just tried this on a test account and it’s appeared to export everything all OK. Do you have an example that I could take a look at? You’re welcome to send this to me in a Private Message if you wish (click my name and then ‘Message’)

Thanks Mathew
Before I raise a feature request is there anywhere else in the system where I can see a complete list of transactions for each customer? I am used to seeing a transaction list on the sales ledger which displays all invoices, credits, payments and refunds.

With regard to the statement export - I also cannot reproduce this but it certainly happened. If it does again I will keep the csv file and take a screen print
Thanks
Mary

You can go into the customer’s record, click ‘View’ and select ‘All Payments’:

Or, you can go to Sales >> All Payments to see a complete list:

If you could keep a copy or a screenshot of the CSV issue, that would be great :slight_smile:

I know it’s all in there separately but it there one single place?

I’m sorry, can you clarify what you’re looking for, and I’ll see if I can point you in the right direction?

The ‘All Payments’ option above would show all payments that have been made by a client, including any refunds.

Just a complete list of everything that has happened on a client in one place.

The statement will show you every invoice, credit note and payment made against any invoices (but not prepayments)

Whereas ‘All Payments’ will show you the cash movement for a client.

Anything relating to a client can be found from the ‘View’ menu on the client record.

In which case I will start a thread for a feature request.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.