Dashboard graphs - can I change the period length?

How do I get my dashboard to show more than last 12 months - I want to compare sales and purchases from last Jan to this Jan but it only shows from last Feb to this Jan - can I alter how many months show?

Hi @Kate42

This is fixed to the last 12 months unfortunately. Do you have a Power User Subscription on your account?

What is a Power User Subscription - I have XL

A Power User Subscription is the annual fee paid either optionally by accounts graded as XS, S or M, and required for accounts graded as L or XL. Assuming you’re not connected to your accountant through Affinity, it’s likely you’ve got a Power User Subscription in place.

In either case, if you go to Reports >> All Reports >> Segmented Profit and Loss, this will allow you to compare years side by side. It’s not in a graph form like the one on the dashboard, but it can be viewed as a line graph for the selected period, and it will give you the figures to hopefully help you compare your sales and purchases between financial periods.

At this point, if you try to view the report without a Power User Subscription, it will prompt you to purchase one.

I hope this helps!

Hi - thanks for your reply - I did look there but it still wont give me more than 12 months (only hows Feb 2017 - Jan 2018) - so for example I cant look back at Dec 2016 to see how it compares to Dec 2017. I see it will show Quarters and Years but not months :frowning:

I think the best way forward here would be to export the data to a CSV format using the Export button on this report. If you export both monthly reports covering December 2016 and December 2017 then you can compare in software such as Excel.

Or, you could open both reports in two separate tabs. Depending on your set up, you may be able to put them side-by-side too.

I appreciate however, that this isn’t ideal. You’re welcome to start a new topic in our ‘Feature’ category along the lines of comparing 2 custom periods, and we can certainly take a look into this if there’s enough interest in this idea.

That’s my problem I cant see how to get the monthly report for anything before Feb 2017 - is there a button I am missing - it shows it only fro Feb 2017 - Jan 2018??

Hi @Kate42

There are two little arrows to navigate between periods (pink arrow).

Also just to highlight it, I’ve added a blue arrow in to indicate the export option too.

I have however, sent you a private message relating to this and your account. Please look for a green notification in the top right hand corner.

but when i click on that red arrow highlighter (Months) it wont go any further back than last Feb 2017!!! Where do I find Jan or even Dec 2016

Hi Kate,

Hopefully the private message has helped with this. But if you need any further help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.