Date ranges in reports

Hi there

I’ve entered our shop till takings into QF this morning and I have just exported a report for our total sales in June broken down into weeks but when I’ve opened the file in Excel I noticed that the amounts in the report do not match the sales figures I entered. They are lower by about £350.00. Also, the total in the report does not match the total on the dashboard (both invoiced and received figures match).

I enter our till takings into QF using Sunday as the end of the week as our trading days are Mon-Sat.

It seems that when you create a report, whatever day the 1st falls on, weekly sales are calculated from that date. What I need is a report that allows me to export the weekly sales data based on the figures and dates I am entering, rather than entering the data twice, once in QF, once in Excel.

My aim is to import that data into Excel to track our weekly sales year on year.

At first I thought it might not be including VAT but I don’t think it’s that.

I fully expect I am doing something wrong so any advice appreciated.

It is the VAT. It is showing NET sales.

Yes, all P&L and custom reports will be ex VAT - the VAT goes to a separate code on the balance sheet.

2 Likes

Yes I realised after I posted that it must be the VAT. Thats 6 months without a break for you…

Thanks for the replies.