De-activate auto bank feed

I used to upload my HSBC csv successfully for each account we have with the same bank.
Since I set up the trial for auto bank feeds a couple of days ago, the whole thing has gone dilly dally. The current account went from 6k to 33k while the savings account shows a different figure and the credit card is similarly mixed up. In other words the whole thing is a mess.

How do I disable the auto bank feed to revert to manual upload.

Hi wodenonline,
Click on Account Settings and scroll down to the first line under 3rd party and click on Open Banking Feeds. On the right hand side is a button Revoke. Just click and follow the steps.

You can also go to your bank account(s) which have open banking feed enabled and click on Options and then on Bank Feed Details. A new window will open and you can remove the feed.

1 Like

Hi @wodenonline

Can I just check, are you just using the bank feed, or are you doing other things too (e.g. uploading a CSV statement, marking invoices as paid using the “Log Payment” option, etc)?

Ideally, you should use either the bank feed, or the other methods. If you use a mix, this can cause duplicates.

The bank feed isn’t the issue here. Sounds like you’ve probably pulled in loads of duplicates as the bank feeds can pull in historic data. Once you reconcile these accounts everything will be fine and the feeds will pull in transactions and everything will tally again.

Hi

Thanks for that. In fact it turns out to be that issue but what it did when I activated the bank feed is it seems to have gone back a full two years of account which were reconciled manually in the past and produced 624 duplicate items.

Hence as I knew full well, we are not that well off really!

I have now de-activated the feed untill I remove all these duplicates and will try it again although I got the feeling from another post tht HSBC is not fully supported as it does not appear in the list. If you have any more info on that last point will appreciate. I really like quickfile and want to get going as efficiently as possible.

Francis

Hi @wodenonline

I believe these duplicates would have come from somewhere else other than a bank feed (e.g. a statement import), as the bank feed can only go back 14 days at the moment.

Have you removed these duplicate transactions now, or are they still on your account? If they are still there, we can identify where they came from.

HSBC is supported for current accounts and credit cards. We’ve seen mixed results with savings accounts, where it’s supported for some users, but not all, but you’re welcome to try that.

For reference, a full list of support for HSBC can be found here: Open Banking - HSBC

Can I just double-check what list you’re looking at (where HSBC isn’t showing) please, and hopefully we can advise on this further.

1 Like

I think you are dead right . I am slowly going through the last two years and removing the duplicates. Thnk you all for your help . no doubt will be back…:slight_smile:

1 Like